Friday, April 17, 2015

OVERVIEW/REVIEW POST

Alright, so just a recap here:

The point of this blog was to be an informational blog about classic lit. As I said previously, I find that many people tell me they don't read older literature on the basis that it is bland, boring, irrelevant, and slow. This blog was created to disprove that argument. I hoped to show any readers that classic lit can be exciting, thrilling, adventurous, humorous, and above all, relevant to every day life. 

In so far as convincing you to read classic lit, my success is entirely up to the reader. If you feel the need to brush off an old book after reading something on this blog, yay! I've succeeded. If not, I'm not really surprised---I know that people don't like to change any habits, so why would they change their reading habits?

However, with regard to demonstrating that classic lit and poetry is relevant to every day life, I feel that I've done a good job; I've addressed numerous topics and discussed the potential relevancy for each (excluding this week's post, which was just about the beauty and expressiveness of English). There was so much more I could have done (and wanted to do) but being limited to 8 weeks and having an audience that I'm assuming has little to no background in literature greatly curtailed my content.

As for things I would have done differently, if I were to do this project again with the same topic, I would have done more research, and really searched for quotes that fit a particular topic. What I had been doing was reading, highlighting things  I liked, and then on Fridays, scroll through my highlights and find a few quotes that worked together. I think it would've helped the audience more if I had planned my posts more thoroughly.


And that's about it! Thanks if you powered through this blog and my gushing about my favorite books. If you didn't, I don't blame you, I can understand that it's hard to get into, but please try to make an effort. Don't forget to check out the "Links" tab---I've posted a bunch of cool stuff there!!!!


Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment