Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lesson #6

We're almost done with the project! And just as I was finding lots of great quotes for discussion.... We'll just have to continue after the project is over, just for fun :)

This week, I'm continuing the humor section, and if I have time, I'll put in a little bit of the other stuff I've been finding....Also, Happy April Fool's Day.

1) Once again, I find myself returning to the perfect humor of Jeeves and Wooster:

Wooster: "In handling the case of Augustus Fink-Nottle, we must keep always in mind the fact that we are dealing with a poop."
Jeeves: "A sensitive plant would, perhaps, be a kinder expression, sir."
Wooster: "No Jeeves, a poop. And with poops one has to employ the strong, forceful, straightforward policy."

A nice disgusting color to address a nice disgusting comment.
2) Also comes from Wodehouse's genius, though this one is more of a chuckle to oneself:

This picture is really long, but hopefully it will make it more readable ( I personally don't like reading long quotes in Blogger text, its gross)---you'll probably have to click to enlarge the picture.


Yup. A grown man. In a bath. Enjoying shoving the duck underwater and watching it shoot up again. Good ol' fashioned humor :)

3) This one comes from "The Napoleon of Notting Hill", by G.K. Chesterton, the book I am currently reading, in which a crazy man is randomly selected to be King. In speaking to one of his courtiers, he replies:



"Rapid and symbolic movements of the left leg." Great stuff. :)

4) Also from the Napoleon of Notting Hill, after the King dictated an important proclamation he said to the secretary:



So, this proclamation is very important, he just dictated, and already he can't remember it. :) Also, could you send him some coffee and the kind of cigars we give to the people who are rich but probably don't deserve it? Thanks....

5) Finally, also from the Napoleon of Notting Hill, The King calls one of his favorite people into court, who happens to be his favorite person because of the way his beard looks.






Next week, I'm not sure how to categorize the quotes I want to include. They mainly are just relevant to our present world. They don't pertain to any particular part of current life, but I feel they still hold some relevance and could generate some stimulating discussion...


Enjoy,

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment